Sunday, December 20, 2009

THE CONTINENTAL DIVIDE AND BEYOND

Friday December 18, 2009 Activities

Weather continues to be perfect and the roads are as dry and you would want. I started on good ole I40 and continue to roll west. I woke up in Albuquerque and headed west but I'm only 1000 miles from Mountain View, can't make it in one day, so I have some time to waste.
































First you have the continental divide. I mean you have to stop because it divides the whole
damn continent! The State of New Mexico has it's own unique way of telling you about it! First they tell you a mile ahead that it's coming. Then instead of just putting up a sign they make it an exit. First off, who can help but stop at the continental divide? I mean come on.. it divides the whole damn continent! Then they put a gift shop right their for your convenience! You gotta love those wacky New Mexicans!

So, on down the road with a side to the Grand Canyon. Fifty-five miles up the road expecting not to find anyone.. I'm taking an error on that one! First off Ranger Lee is not going to give me the old guy pass. He chose instead to miss my birthday for the sixty-second year in a row. He wanted his full 25 bucks. So what can I say but that it is a very impressive hole in the ground.






The Canyon was a hoot. Lot's of tourists and many of them having much difficulty traversing on all of the snow.

I ended my day in Kingman, AZ. I have under 500 miles in 2550 yet to go, and should be in Mountain View by dark tomorrow! That is of course if the rattlers don't get me!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm a little disappointed with the absence of photos of the continental divide gift shop, and the associated e-commerce. What kind of blog are you running here?