Wednesday, December 16, 2009

RETURN TO CALIFORNIA

Wednesday December 16, 2009.

Well the little red car is back on the road and we're headed for California for the family Hanukkah, Christmas, Winter Solstice, Kwanzaa etc, etc and etc celebration!

I left this morning at 7AM and recorded a low temperature of -2 outside 0f Platteville. I'm now in Wichita where the temperature remains in the 40's and saw a high today outside of Kansas City of 50. So the weather has been good except for the wind which is blowing hard from the south and west. But the roads are clear and we're speeding along. 700 miles today in under 11 hours so I quit right after dark.

I'm on the most southern route to the Bay area because the weather in Utah and Wyoming doesn't look good. I suspect that the old wintry weather up there is at least in part the result of Dick Cheney, the American Prince cold and nastiness!

No pictures today but I will try to do better tomorrow. That's it for tonight!!

No comments: